iPhone – How to add a website icon to your Home screen
1. Open the www.LaSalleYachtClub.com website in question with Safari on iPhone
2. Tap the Share button (bottom, middle) of the screen for the LaSalle Yacht Club website you’re on.
3. Tap the icon labeled “Add to Home Screen.”
4. Tap the Add button in the upper right corner.
5. Launch the website from your Home screen by tapping its icon.
Android – How do I save a webpage as an icon shortcut on my home screen?
First bookmark www.LaSalleYachtClub.com it in the browser. Then return to the home screen and press-and-hold (in an empty space) to bring up the menu and select ‘shortcut’ then ‘bookmark’ and select the desired bookmark.
Bookmark the page you want on your home screen.
Long hold on home screen.
Pick the bookmark you want.
Android – How to pin a web app/website to Android home screen
The main idea is to create a bookmark to the URL, and add the bookmark to the home screen.
1. Start by opening the web page www.LaSalleYachtClub.com in your browser. We recommend using the default Android Browser, or Google Chrome if possible.
2. Hit the menu button, and add the page to your bookmarks. In Chrome, just tap on the star and follow the prompt.
3. Open you bookmarks using the menu button, and find the new bookmark you’ve just added. Press down and hold on the bookmark until you see an action menu. Select Add to home screen
4. That’s all there is to it. The bookmark is pinned to the home screen for quick access. Arrange it into the place of your liking.
Adding one-touch bookmarks to your Android’s Home screen
Looking for fast access to bookmarks without having to navigate through the Android browser? Bookmarks can be quickly added to any Home screen on the device for one-touch access to your favorite Web pages. Here’s how:
If a bookmark doesn’t exist for the page you want to add:
1. Open the browser and navigate to the page you’d like to bookmark.
2. Press the Menu button and select Bookmarks.
3. There may be some bookmarks you didn’t add, but don’t panic–many Android devices come with a default collection of bookmarks. Select the top left thumbnail labeled Add.
4. You can customize the name of the bookmark if you like, before pressing OK to add it.
5. Press and hold on the Bookmark you just created, and select Add shortcut to Home. This will put a shortcut icon on the current Home screen that allows one-touch access to the page.
If you already have a bookmark for the page you want to add:
1. Press and hold on the Home screen where you want the shortcut to appear.
2. Select Shortcut from the menu, and then Bookmark.
3. Choose the bookmarked Web site from your collection and an icon shortcut will appear on the Home screen.